Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Glimakra Loom

In the last few weeks I have sold my old knitting machine and bought a secondhand loom.  It is a Glimakra "Anne".  They have discontinued this one but I am finding it very easy to work with....since I have had a lot of coaching from Patty.  She is amazing, having so much knowledge on weaving as she has been doing it herself for the last 10 years.

Anyhow, here are some pics of my loom and my first project.  I am following a Craftsy course on weaving and it is full of good ideas and tips for first timers like myself.




This was just a bit of messing around to check that everything worked.  The yarn was far too thin and kept breaking off but I got the feel of the loom which is an important step for a newbie.







 My husband made me a raddle.  A bit far spaced but helped me a lot to warp on my own.





Tie ups at the back of the heddles helped keep them in line with the warp for easy access and threading
 My first project is ready to go.  I am following Craftsy Weaving and making 3 pillows.  The class is easy to follow so here we go.









Test piece is ready to check tension and dent size.

1 comment:

  1. Miss you <3 <3 <3 I bought a Glimakra Anne loom today, I am going to call it my "Sally loom"

    love you

    ReplyDelete