Friday, January 18, 2013

Dolls - Art or Gnomes

Well, this has been a busy week.  I have learnt from my neighbour and fellow artist Zeynep, how to make a pattern to clothe my dolls.

Wednesday morning in about one hour, we had had our coffee and she had drawn, cut and sewn up a dress for my doll.  I was in awe of her.  Amazing.

Also, my new friend Helen Priem, has the most amazing blog with unbelievable little creatures and gnomes who really are alive.  My sister and I spent almost 2 hours going through them on Sunday night  absolutely in love with them.  Thank you Helen for sharing your little family (Ukkie and friends) and stories with us.  Below is the website where you really need to go and have an adventure.  Take your time with a cup of tea or coffee and you are swept away into a magical place.

Pips Poppies (Helen Priem)

So far all I have to show is the following:



As this is a work in progress there is still a lot to be done.  Hair and shoes, etc. still have to be designed.  I am not sure about her dress either (I do not really care for the colours on her) so a new outfit will be made or knitted and she will be my knitter/spinner girl.  I just put some wool and stuff on her head to kind of see a different side to her.

As for my gnome, well I have tried to get her/him going but so far still all in pieces.  I did tonight get the head right and sewed the ears on but it still does not have a face or personality yet.  Pictures will follow soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment