Saturday, January 5, 2013

Spinning Evilla

I bought this fibre cake years ago with the idea of knitting it according to the pattern and making a felted bag.  Well this stuff is absolutely impossible to knit as it kept breaking.  This year Patty phones me and says "I have found a way to spin this stuff so that we can knit it".  So, off to get my spinning wheel and my cake of Evilla to try it out.  Well, if you have no tension on your draw and you gently hold the yarn in between two fingers and allow the twist to gently take and then pull onto the bobbin it works.  I could even do it with one hand and video with the other.... big smiles all round.  Now I can knit it into a piece of cloth to felt and make into a bag just like it was supposed to be, but without all the drama of it breaking.



No comments:

Post a Comment